Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

If you would like to get in touch, you can call us 9am – 5:30pm on 01242 388800, or email us at

If you already work with Just Education and need to contact us outside of office hours, please call our support line 7am – 6:30pm on 02476 975460.

Once you’ve applied to Just Education, we will get in touch to ask you to book a short telephone interview with one of our recruitment consultants. This will also give you an opportunity to tell us more about your work preferences, and ask any questions you have.

We may then ask you to book a longer interview. This will be held via video link.

After your interview, we will carry out background and identity checks, and contact your referees.

Lastly, we will make your profile visible to schools on the Just Education platform.

If you were referred to us by a school, we won’t ask you to book an initial telephone interview with us. Instead, we will ask you to book a full interview which will be held via a video link. 

We will ask the school that referred you to provide one of your references, and will request an additional reference from another school or other former employer.

Aside from these differences, the application process will be the same as above, and you’ll be ready to start receiving offers in no time.

You’ll benefit from working at your favourite school, as well as being visible to other schools on the Just Education platform. It will be quick and simple to accept the offers that are right for you.

We will ask to see several documents during your application to Just Education

We need to see:

  1. Document(s) showing you have a right to work in the UK, and proof of your address.
  2. Documents showing you have all the qualifications on your CV which are relevant to your application.
  3. Your DBS certificate, or the necessary documentation for us to complete a new DBS check for you.
  4. Your overseas check, if you have been abroad for six months or more in any one country in the past five years.

We will ask you to have your DBS documents verified, and we will ask for scanned copies of some documents. If you need an overseas check, we will ask you to post this to us.

Please note: If different names are used across any of your documents, you will need to provide an additional  document showing the reason for the change of name (e.g. a marriage certificate).

We will ask you to provide contact details for three professional referees following a successful interview.

At least one of your referees must be your most recent line-manager, supervisor or employer.

At least one of your referees must have supervised your work or held a leadership position during your employment in a school or other educational institution.

If you don’t have a DBS certificate, we will apply for a new certificate for you.

If you do have a DBS certificate, you can find out if we’ll be able to accept it by checking a few things about your certificate.

For Just Education to accept your DBS certificate, it must:

  • Be registered on the Update Service. Click here to check if your certificate is registered.
  • Not be a volunteer DBS. If your certificate has ‘No DBS fee charged’ written on it, it’s a volunteer certificate, and we’ll need to apply for a new one for you.
  • Be for the correct workforce. This means your DBS must be for the ‘Child Workforce’ only, unless you would like to work in SEN secondary schools. Then you will need a DBS for the ‘Adult and Child Workforce’.

If you need a new DBS certificate, we will ask you to provide three documents. We’ve provided some simplified lists below of the documents applicants can most commonly provide.

At least one of the three documents you provide must be from List A, and at least one must show your current address. 

List A

Any current, valid passport

A current driving license photo card (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and EU)

A biometric residence permit (UK)

A birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth, which shows at least one of your parents’ names (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, including those issued by UK authorities overseas)

An adoption certificate (UK and Channel Islands)

List B

A utility bill (not a mobile phone bill) issued in the last 3 months (UK)

A P45 or P60 statement issued in the last 12 months (UK and Channel Islands)

A council tax statement issued in the last 12 months (UK and Channel Islands)

A Mortgage Statement issued in the last 12 months (UK or EEA)

A bank or building society account opening confirmation letter issued in the last 3 months (UK)

A credit card statement issued in the last 3 months (UK)

A financial statement, for example pension or endowment, issued in the last 12 months (UK)

A benefit statement, for example Child Benefit, issued in the last 3 months (UK)

If you’re not able to provide three documents from these lists, please check what other documents can be accepted here:


If you have spent 6 months or more abroad in any one country in the past 5 years, you will need to obtain an overseas criminal record check from that country before joining Just Education.

It may take a couple of weeks or more to receive your overseas check and the process for applying is different for each country. Some countries require you to attend an in-person appointment at their embassy in the UK to apply.

The UK government provides guidance on how to apply for an overseas check here:

Once you’ve received your overseas check you will need to have it translated and verified if it isn’t already in English. We’ll send you guidance on how to do this.

If you have QTLS status and current membership with the Society for Education and Training (SET), you are eligible to work as a qualified teacher in maintained schools, and we will be happy to consider an application from you to join our platform as a qualified teacher. We also welcome applications from educators with QTLS status for cover supervisor roles. 

Please note that we will only be able to list you as a qualified teacher on the Just Education platform if you have a current membership with SET.

For more information about QTLS and working in maintained schools, please visit the Society for Education and Training website or refer to ‘Qualified teacher status (QTS): qualify to teach in England.’